Chickpea salad is one of the most liked recipes with high nutritional value. It contains a range of nutrients, including protein, which is necessary for bone, muscle, and skin health. For people who are cutting down on meat consumption, a dish of chickpea and rice, for example, can contribute a significant amount of protein to the diet. A cup of chickpea provides almost one-third of an adult’s daily protein needs. Fiber helps keep the digestive tract healthy and promotes regularity. It is a good source of fiber.
For people following a vegan or vegetarian diet, It is an excellent choice, as they provide protein, iron, selenium, and B vitamins. This healthy, summer Chickpea Salad is great for lunch or as a side dish with anything you’re grilling!
Calories– 267 Kcal
Preparation Time- 10 min
- 1 bowl overnight soaked and boiled chickpea
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- ½ large tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Salt according to your taste
- To make Chickpea salad, we have to take a large bowl add chickpea, chopped red onion, diced peppers, diced cucumber and olives. Set it aside.
- To a small bowl or measuring jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, smoked paprika, ground sumac, black pepper and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over the bowl of salad and toss to combine. At this point, you may cover and refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese and chopped coriander and your chickpea salad is read to eat!
Also read about my other weight loss recipes