Being an Indian I always loved tasty and colorful food. I used to do a lot of experiments with my food to make it more delicious and healthy.
I have seen my mom making Besan chilla since my childhood and everyone in my family absolutely loved it.
Here I am with the recipe of Besan chilla with a twist and people who are in the journey of weight loss will definitely love it without compromising with the taste. Because of the high nutritional value of Spinach and paneer I add some amount of these in the besan chilla to make it healthier.
Total Calories count– 143 kcal
Cooking Time– 20 minutes
- 1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- Finely Chopped Spinach
- Finely Chopped onions
- Chopped green chili
- Finely chopped Coriander
- Finely chopped ginger
- Crumbled Paneer
- Ajwain seeds
- Salt as per taste
- To make the batter of Low calories Besan chilla for weight loss, we will have to mix finely chopped spinach, onion, ginger, green chili, coriander, ajwain seeds and crumbled paneer in the gram flour.
- Add sufficient amount of water and mix well.
- Neither make the batter of Besan chilla very thick nor very thin. Consistency should be not very runny.
- Heat the non-stick tawa on a medium flame. If using an iron griddle or tawa, then spread a bit of oil on the tawa.
- Take a ladle full of the batter and pour on the pan and gently spread with the back of the ladle.
- Turn and flip lightly and gently so that the Chilla does not break.
- Cook both the sides till you see golden spots on either side the of besan chilla.
- Your Low calories besan chilla for weight loss is ready in just 20 minutes.
Also read about my other weight loss recipes