Paneer sandwich is the best substitute for Indian breakfast for those who are looking for some tasty yet healthy breakfast options. I never liked going on diets and eating just the raw and boiled vegetables. Lack of taste could not let my dieting go for a long time so one day I did a experiment with the paneer and it turned out really amazing and the best part was the taste of this Paneer sandwich.
Also, the Preparation time is just 15 minutes so you can quickly make paneer sandwich at the last minute in case you have to rush somewhere.
Click below to read more about the health benefits of Paneer here-
Nutritional Value of Paneer –
Paneer is a high protein and calcium rich food. It is often substituted for meat in many vegetarian entrees of Indian cuisine. Paneer increases levels of appetite-reducing hormones, while reducing levels of the hunger hormone, making you crave less. Therefore those people who are on weight management regimens must include one serving of paneer in their meals.
Total Calories in Paneer Sandwich-
One paneer sandwich contains 158 calories. Out of which Carbohydrates contains 101 calories, Protein contains 18 calories and remaining calories comes from fat which contains 39 calories. One paneer sandwich provides 8% of daily requirement of calories of a standard adult diet of 2000 calories.
Preparation time- 15 minutes
- Crumbled Paneer
- Chopped onion
- Finely Chopped Green chili
- Chopped Mushroom ( optional)
- Boiled Corn
- 4 slices of whole grain bread or Brown bread
- Herbs (optional)
- So to make paneer sandwich, you have to add chopped onion, chili, mushroom, salt, herbs, oregano and boiled corn in the crumbled Paneer and mix it well.
- Take the bread slice and spread the paneer mixture on the slice evenly.
- Put a thin slice of onion on the mixture, sprinkle some chaat masala. Cover it with another bread slice.
- Grease the bread with few drops of ghee or butter and grill it in the sandwich maker or in case of not having the sandwich maker you can easily bake it on a non stick pan till it becomes yellowish brown.
- Paneer sandwich is ready in just 15 minutes. Serve it immediately with your favorite sauce or green chutney.
Also read my other low calories recipes-