Moong dal chilla is the one stop destination for those who are in the journey of weight loss but at the same time don’t have any control on their taste buds. It is full of protein, minerals and other required nutrition which is very important to take on daily basis. Moong dal chilla looks like a pancake and is made using soaked Moong dal . It ca be served with green Chutney or Coconut chutney
Nutritional Value Of Moong Dal
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 0.8 grams
- Protein: 14.2 grams
- Carbs: 38.7 grams
- Fiber: 15.4 grams
- Folate (B9): 80% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 24% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1: 22% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 20% of the RDI
- Iron: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 16% of the RDI
- Potassium: 15% of the RDI
- Zinc: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6 and selenium
Health Benefits Of Moong Dal
- Improves Digestive Health
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Regulates Sugar Levels and Prevents Diabetes
- Supports Healthy Pregnancy
- 1 cup Moong Dal( Overnight soaked in water)
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- Green chili
- Boiled corn
How To Make-
- In a grinder, Grind soaked moong dal, ginger, garlic and green chili
- Add water as per the requirement. Make the batter of a medium consistency( Neither too thick nor too runny). Now set it aside.
- To make the filling, Mash the paneer and add pea, chopped tomatoes, onion, green chili, boiled corn, coriander and salt according to your taste preference.
- Now heat a pan and grease it with olive or mustard oil.
- Spread the moong dal batter evenly on the pan in the circular form( Just like a dosa)
- Once it is completely cooked on the one side, Stuff the chilla with the paneer filling and close it from both the sides.
- Allow cooking it for 5 minutes and your Low calorie moong dal chilla is ready to serve.