Palak paneer is an Indian recipe with high iron value because of spinach. I always loved the combination of health and taste. Palak Paneer recipe is the best example of that . My version of palak paneer is quite different than the usual palak paneer and healthier because I use not a single drop of oil while cooking it. At the same it does not loose it’s taste as well. So let’s see How to make palak paneer without oil.
Normal palak paneer contains minimum 400 kcal but my version of palak paneer contains only 250 kcal because of no oil consumption. Spinach or palak is a great source of iron and paneer is of protein. The combination of iron and protein makes is suitable for any weight loss diet. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Also, the people who are suffering from anemia should incorporate spinach or palak in their diet as much as they can because of it’s richness in Iron.
Cooking time- 25 minutes
Calories– 250 kcal
- 1 cup of paneer cut in small cubes
- Spinach (palak)
- 2 Onions
- 3 green chili
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Small piece of ginger
- Fenugreek seeds
- Amul cream or Fresh cream( malai)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per requirement
- To make the low calorie palak paneer , Using a colander or strainer, rinse the palak or spinach leaves very well in running water.
- Now boil this spinach or palak in the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.
- After 3 whistles, strain the spinach or palak leaves.
- Immediately add the palak or spinach leaves in a pan or bowl containing ice cold water. This method helps in preserving the green color of the spinach. Just add 8 to 10 ice cubes to 3 cups water to get cold water. Allow the spinach leaves to be in the cold water for a minute.
- Blend the boiled spinach with the onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and green chili in a mixer.
- Now take a hot pan and pour the puree in it.
- Add salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes
- Now add the paneer cubes and 4 teaspoon of fresh or amul cream.
- Cover it with the lid and let it again cook for 10 minutes on slow flame. It is ready to eat.
- Serve it with rice or whole grain chapati.
Also read my other low calories recipe for weight loss