Spinach corn sandwich is the last minute breakfast filled with iron which a adult would need for his daily iron requirement. Few months back, I diagnosed with anemia ( lack of iron) in my body and then I started taking the natural sources of iron in my daily meals.
I find Spinach Corn Sandwich best for my breakfast because it is filled with other nutrients as well apart of iron. Also, the it helps in reducing the weight because of its very less calories.
So in short we can summarize Spinach Corn Sandwich as the all rounder Indian breakfast which will take care of your weight loss, iron and taste needs. It is also flavored with garlic, pepper, Italian herbs and red chili flakes. It is very easy to prepare and tastes better when served hot with tea or soup.
Nutritional value of Spinach and corn-
Spinach is the great source of Iron, calcium and magnesium and corn is the best source of high fiber content, it can aid with digestion. It also contains valuable B vitamins, which are important to your overall health. Corn also provides our bodies with essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
Total Calories in Spinach Corn Sandwich-
Total time- 20 minutes
- Chopped Spinach
- Boiled corn
- Cheese slices
- Whole grain bread or brown bread for healthier choice
- Chili flakes
- Black pepper powder
- 1 cube of Butter
- To make Spinach Corn Sandwich, you will have to Heat butter and saute the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add boiled sweet corn & spinach and saute till it is cooked.
- Add 2 cheese slices and mix well. Cook till the cheese completely melts.
- Now add red chili flakes, black pepper powder, salt and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Spread creamy spinach corn mixture on one side of bread.
- Then cover with another slice of bread.
- Either grill or toast the sandwich on both sides on tawa with some butter.
- Spinach corn sandwich is ready to serve with hot tea.
Also read about my other low calorie recipes